- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Portland
Unleash your inner foodie: Don't miss an amazingly textured range of global delights, created with fresh, locally harvested ingredients.
Beer "hop": Over fifty local microbrews, producing offbeat varieties of beer with such names as Hallucinator, Doggie Claws, and Sock Knocker await.
Experience McMenamins: Visit one of the local chain's beautifully restored properties, such as a renovated elementary school turned hotel.
Take a stroll through Washington Park: The International Rose Test Garden, Japanese Garden, Oregon Zoo, World Forestry Center, and Children's Museum are all here.
Peruse pages at Powell's City of Books: The aisles of this city block–sized shop are filled with more than a million new and used books. Top off hours of literary wanderlust with a mocha or ginseng tea downstairs at World Cup Coffee and Tea House.Updated: 07-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's