- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Baker Heritage Museum
Baker Heritage Museum Review
Located in a stately brick building that once housed the community's swimming pool, Baker's history center has one of the most impressive rock collections in the West. Assembled over a lifetime by a local amateur geologist, the Cavin-Warfel Collection includes thunder eggs, glowing phosphorescent rocks, and a 950-pound hunk of quartz. Other exhibits highlight pioneering, ranching, mining, and antique furniture.
The museum also operates the nearby Adler House Museum, an 1889 Italianate house that was once home to an eccentric publishing magnate and philanthropist. 2305 Main St., 97814. $6. Memorial Day-Labor Day.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $55.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Pendleton Hotwire
- Small budget: Book Red Lion Pendleton 3 Nts in May Fr $78+/Nt Save with Expedia, $37/night less
- $79.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Pendleton Hotwire
- Knights Inn Pendleton in May: $49 & Up — $49 Expedia
- $69.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Pendleton — $70 Hotwire
This past weekend I travelled with a group of friends to Southern Oregon.- started in Eugene We travelled south on I-5 to Oakland, an old historic town. The main street consists mostly of antique stores Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
We are going to the upper west coast (San Francisco to Vancouver) June28th-July 16th. Read more
· News & Features
Swimming in the surf, strolling through small towns, sun-drenched weekend trips...summer is unofficially... Read more
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more