- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
At a Glance
- idyllic location
- friendly owners
- no Internet
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Diamond Review
In the early 1900s the Hotel Diamond served the local population of ranchers, Basque sheepherders, and cowhands. Now it caters to the birders, naturalists, and high-desert lovers who flock to the Malheur refuge. The air-conditioned rooms are clean, comfortable, and pleasantly furnished with an eclectic mix of furniture, including wicker chairs, old wooden desks, and four-poster beds. From the comfortable screen porch guests can look out on the hotel's towering, narrow Lombardy poplars, often planted as de facto fences in ranch country. Family-style meals are served both to hotel guests and to the general public at 6:30 pm, by reservation only. A complimentary breakfast is served in the lounge. The hotel, owned and operated by a fifth-generation ranch family, is also the only place in town to buy gas or groceries.
- Address: 49130 Main St., 10 mi east of Hwy. 205 Diamond, OR 97722 | Map It
- Phone: 541/493–1898
- Hours: Closed Nov.–March
- Website: www.central-oregon.com/hoteldiamond
- Location: Diamond
- 8 rooms: 5 upstairs with 2 shared baths; 3 suites downstairs, each with private bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more