- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- idyllic location
- friendly owners
- no Internet
Hotel Diamond Review
In the early 1900s the Hotel Diamond served the local population of ranchers, Basque sheepherders, and cowhands. Now it caters to the birders, naturalists, and high-desert lovers who flock to the Malheur refuge. The air-conditioned rooms are clean, comfortable, and pleasantly furnished with an eclectic mix of furniture, including wicker chairs, old wooden desks, and four-poster beds. From the comfortable screen porch guests can look out on the hotel's towering, narrow Lombardy poplars, often planted as de facto fences in ranch country. Family-style meals are served both to hotel guests and to the general public at 6:30 pm, by reservation only. A complimentary breakfast is served in the lounge. The hotel, owned and operated by a fifth-generation ranch family, is also the only place in town to buy gas or groceries.
- Address: 49130 Main St., 10 mi east of Hwy. 205, Diamond, OR, 97722 | Map It
- Phone: 541/493-1898
- Hours: Closed Nov.--March
- Website: www.central-oregon.com/hoteldiamond
- Location: Diamond
- 8 rooms: 5 upstairs with 2 shared baths; 3 suites downstairs, each with private bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Pendleton Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $49+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Pendleton this May Fr $107+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Pendleton: Save this May Fr $74+/Nt — $74 Expedia
- Econo Lodge Pendleton in May: $61 & Up — $61 Expedia
- May deal: Holiday Inn Express Pendleton Fr $116+/Nt — $116 Expedia
This past weekend I travelled with a group of friends to Southern Oregon.- started in Eugene We travelled south on I-5 to Oakland, an old historic town. The main street consists mostly of antique stores Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
I had a chance to spent some time on a cruise ship traveling around North America,
so wanted to share some pictures from the trip; hope you will enjoy it!
http://www.allphotobangkok.com/index.php/around-north-america-cruise-ship-travel/ Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more