Eastern Oregon Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Eastern Oregon Restaurant Reviews
Gourmet cuisine and chef-driven restaurants are rare on the eastern Oregon range, but it's not hard to find a tasty, authentic meal if you know where to look. Restaurants around the Wallowas, in particular, have a burgeoning local/organic ethos—locally grown produce abounds, farmers' markets are a big draw, and the rural county even has its own Slow Food chapter.
Elsewhere in the high desert, an entrenched ranching culture means big eating: farm-boy breakfasts and steak house after spur-jangling steak house. Generations of braceros have left their mark on the region's culinary scene as well, and excellent taquerias can be found in even the dustiest ranch towns. Pack a lunch if you're touring the southeasternmost corner of the state—towns are few and far between.
Browse Eastern Oregon Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe