- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Grande sits at the intersection of I-84 and Highway 82, the primary route through the Wallowa Valley to Joseph and Enterprise. Cars and buses will get you into town from Portland, 260 mi west, and Boise, Idaho, 170 mi east. The closest airport is Eastern Oregon Regional, 50 mi northeast in Pendleton.
The Wallowa Link Bus runs twice a week between La Grande and Joseph, stopping in Enterprise. 541/963-2877. www.neotransit.org.
The Baker Bow shuttle bus runs Monday to Friday to Baker City and Haines. 541/963-2877. www.neotransit.org.
Greyhound also makes stops here.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's