- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Echo Hills Winery Mountain Trail System. This 15-mi network of classic desert single-track draws mountain bikers when other regional trails are still snowed over. The surrounding area, known as Alkali Canyon, is as spare as the name implies, but there's a beauty in the barrenness. The trails are on private property, so ride with respect. Parking lot and trailhead off Snow Road, 1½ mi south Lexington-Echo Hwy., just east of Echo, Hermiston, OR, 97838. Free.
Scott's Cycle and Sports rents bikes for $30 a day or $60 a weekend. 110 E. Highland Ave., 97838. 541/567-1848. www.scottscycleandsports.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $51.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Pendleton Hotwire
- Pendleton Savings! Book at Oxford Suites Pendleton Fr $121+/Nt Expedia
- Pendleton Savings! Book at Econo Lodge Pendleton Fr $57+/Nt — $57 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Pendleton this May Fr $116+/Nt — $116 Expedia
- Travelodge Pendleton OR on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $74+/Nt — $74 Expedia