- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Echo Hills Winery Mountain Trail System. This 15-mi network of classic desert single-track draws mountain bikers when other regional trails are still snowed over. The surrounding area, known as Alkali Canyon, is as spare as the name implies, but there's a beauty in the barrenness. The trails are on private property, so ride with respect. Parking lot and trailhead off Snow Road, 1½ mi south Lexington–Echo Hwy., just east of Echo, Hermiston, OR, 97838. Free.
Scott's Cycle and Sports rents bikes for $30 a day or $60 a weekend. 110 E. Highland Ave., 97838. 541/567–1848. www.scottscycleandsports.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's