- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Baker City is easily accessed by I-84, 305 mi east of Portland and 127 mi west of Boise, Idaho. The city is the hub for several smaller highways as well, including scenic Hwy. 7 through the Blue Mountains to John Day.
The Baker Bow shuttle bus runs Monday to Friday to La Grande and nearby Haines. 541/963-2877. www.neotransit.org.
The Baker City Trolley services the city Monday to Saturday. 541/963-2877. www.neotransit.org.
Greyhound also makes stops here. The closest airport is Eastern Oregon Regional, 95 mi northeast in Pendleton.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe