Eastern Oregon Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Plan Your Eastern Oregon Vacation
Travel east from The Dalles, Bend, or any of the foothill communities blossoming in the shade of the Cascades, and you'll find a very different side of Oregon. The air is drier, clearer, often pungent with the smell of juniper. The vast landscape of sharply folded hills, wheat fields, and mountains shimmering in the distance evokes the mythic Old West. There is a lonely grandeur in eastern Oregon, a plain-spoken, independent spirit that can startle, surprise, and enthrall.
Chain hotels are easy to find along the gorge and in bigger towns like Baker City and Burns, but elsewhere, small motels and bed-and-breakfasts are more...read more
Gourmet cuisine and chef-driven restaurants are rare on the eastern Oregon range, but it's not hard to find a tasty, authentic meal if you know where to...read more
Things To Do in Eastern Oregon
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now60° F Mostly Cloudy 35% Humidity April 16, 2014 at 4:53PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more