- Wallowa wonder The usually snowcapped peaks of the Wallowa Range ornament one of the West's most overlooked alpine playgrounds, with Wallowa Lake resting at its base.
- Time travel See architecture from Oregon's mining-era heyday in Baker City's authentically restored downtown, where a short walking tour takes you past more than 100 historic buildings.
- For the birds Visit countless feathered friends at the ruggedly idyllic Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.
- Let 'er buck Pendleton's famous rodeo attracts 50,000 people every September, but the cowboy mystique sticks around all year.
- Canyon country Oregon doesn't get more remote than along the wild and scenic Owyhee River or among the fascinating formations at Leslie Gulch. Only serious adventurers need apply.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More