Crater Lake National Park covers 183,224 acres. Located in southern Oregon less than 100 mi from the California border, it's surrounded by several Cascade Range forests, including the Winema and Rogue River national forests. Of the nearby towns, Medford is closest at 59 mi southwest of the park; Ashland, to the southwest, and Klamath Falls, to the south, are each approximately 90 mi from the lake, with Roseburg the farthest away at 119 mi northwest of the park.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's