Boat Tours Review
The most extensively used guided tours in Crater Lake are on the water, aboard launches that carry 37 passengers on a two-hour tour accompanied by a ranger. The boats circle the lake; two of the eight daily boats stop at Wizard Island, where you can get off and reboard a minimum of three hours later, or six hours later if you catch the morning boat. The first tour leaves the dock at 9:30 am; the last departs at 3:30 pm. To get to the dock you must hike down Cleetwood Cove Trail, a strenuous 1.1-mile walk that drops 700 feet; only those in excellent physical shape should attempt the hike. Bring adequate water with you. Purchase boat-tour tickets at Crater Lake Lodge, at the top of the trail or through advance reservations. Restrooms are available at the top and bottom of the trail.
- Address: Cleetwood Cove Trail, off Rim Dr., 11 mi north of Rim Village on the north side of the lake, Crater Lake National Park, OR, 97604
- Phone: 541/594–2255; 888/774–2728
- Cost: $35; $45 with island drop-off
- Hours: Late June–mid-Sept., daily
- Website: www.craterlakelodges.com
- Location: Crater Lake National Park