Crater Lake Lodge
At a Glance
- ideal location for watching sunrise and sunset reflected on the lake
- very difficult to reserve rooms
- some rooms have tubs only, no shower
Crater Lake Lodge Review
The period feel of this 1915 lodge on the caldera's rim is reflected in its lodgepole-pine columns, gleaming wood floors, and stone fireplaces in the common areas. With magnificent lake views—and the all-too-brief tourist season at Crater Lake—rooms at this popular spot are often booked a year in advance. Plan ahead, as this is the only "in-park" place to stay by the lake.
- Address: Rim Village, east of Rim Visitor Center, 1 Lodge Loop Rd., Crater Lake Crater Lake National Park, OR 97604 | Map It
- Phone: 541/594–2255; 888/774–2728
- Website: www.craterlakelodges.com
- Location: Crater Lake National Park
- 71 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–late May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
My sis lives in Boise and I live near Seattle, so we decided on a quick girls-getaway to the Columbia Gorge, about 5 hours away from each of us. Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more