Crater Lake National Park Feature
Crater Lake National Park: A Global Treasure, by former park rangers Ann and Myron Sutton, celebrates the park's first 100 years with stunning photography, charts, and drawings.
Ron Warfield's A Guide to Crater Lake National Park and The Mountain That Used to Be gives a useful and lushly illustrated overview of Crater Lake's history and physical features.
The National Park Service uses Stephen Harris's Fire Mountains of the West in its ranger training; the detailed handbook covers Cascade Range geology.
Wildflowers of the Olympics and Cascades, by Charles Stewart, is an easy-to-use guide to the area's flora and fauna.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $78.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- Book in Klamath Falls Fr $64+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $6/night less
- $48.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Klamath Falls Hotwire
- Small budget: Book Days Inn Klamath Falls 3 Nts in Jun Fr $66+/Nt — $66 Expedia
- $36.99 & up : Compact rentals in Klamath Falls — $37 Hotwire