Crater Lake National Park Feature
Crater Lake National Park: A Global Treasure, by former park rangers Ann and Myron Sutton, celebrates the park's first 100 years with stunning photography, charts, and drawings.
Ron Warfield's A Guide to Crater Lake National Park and The Mountain That Used to Be gives a useful and lushly illustrated overview of Crater Lake's history and physical features.
The National Park Service uses Stephen Harris's Fire Mountains of the West in its ranger training; the detailed handbook covers Cascade Range geology.
Wildflowers of the Olympics and Cascades, by Charles Stewart, is an easy-to-use guide to the area's flora and fauna.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe