- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway
Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway Review
For about 90 miles, this forest-highway loop beginning and ending in Bend meanders past a series of high mountain lakes and is good for fishing, hiking, and camping in the summer months. (Much of the road is closed by snow during the colder months.) To find it, take Century Drive/Oregon 372 out of Bend, and then take U.S. 97 at La Pine to return.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
Family trip with 2 boys, 16 & 21
We have about 10 days.
Want to know the MUST SEE stops plus any kooky/crazy/fun places to explore. Read more
· News & Features
This summer in Alaska, small ship cruise line Un-Cruise Adventures is offering seven theme cruises, highlighting ... Read more
When it comes to travel grooming on a beach vacation, some careful planning is in order.... Read more
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more