Central Oregon Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Become one with nature. Central Oregonians live on the flanks of the Cascade Range and are bracketed by rock formations, rivers, lakes, forests, ancient lava flows, and desert badlands. Bring your golf clubs, carabiners, snowboard, or camera, and explore deeper.
Go on a Bend-er. Downtown Bend is lively and walkable, with a variety of appealing restaurants, galleries, and stores. Within a few blocks you can buy a painting, eat jambalaya, sample brandies, feed geese, and hear live music.
Kick back at Sunriver. This family-oriented resort boasts bike paths, river trails, an airstrip, horse stables, tennis courts, a golf course, and several restaurants.
Take down the craft brewing scene. Nobody calls Bend "Munich on the Deschutes" yet, but it's home to eight breweries that make and pour distinctive, flavorful beers. Sisters and Redmond also have craft breweries.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Redmond for Less: Hotels Fr $54+/Nt Travelocity
- Sleep Inn & Suites Redmond in May: $126 & Up Expedia
- $20.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Redmond Hotwire
- $69.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Redmond — $69 Hotwire
- $19.95 & up : Compact rentals in Redmond — $20 Hotwire