Central Oregon Travel Guide
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Plan Your Central Oregon Vacation
After a day on the Sunriver bike paths, a first-time visitor from Germany shook her head. "This place is paradise," she declared. It's easy to see why she thought so. Central Oregon has snowfields so white they sharpen the edges of the mountains; canyons so deep and sudden as to induce vertigo; air so crisp that it fills the senses; water that ripples in mountain lakes so clear that boaters can see to the bottom, or rushes through turbulent rapids favored by rafters.
Central Oregon has lodging for every taste, from upscale resort lodges to an in-town brewpub village, eclectic... read more
The center of culinary ambition is in downtown Bend, where the industry remains strong after a brutal recession, but... read more
Things To Do in Central Oregon
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $4799 -- 14-Nt Luxe Oceanview Atlantic Cruise w/Air & Credit Oceania Cruises
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi Fodorites, A quick trip report on my vacation to Portland, the coast and the Willamette Valley in May. Special thanks to sunb... Read more
My husband and I spent the weekend in Bend for a little getaway. Perfect and lovely weather, it was a great mini-vacation. We stayed... Read more