Longaberger Baskets Review
The giant basket 35 mi east of Columbus is not just a huge sculpture–it's a building. The seven-story structure is actually the headquarters of the Longaberger Basket Company and the brainchild of late company founder and CEO Dave Longaberger. Built in 1997, the building looks like the company's famous market basket, complete with two 75-ton, three-story-tall handles on top. Building tours are available daily, but the office is closed for major holidays and occasional events; call ahead to double-check. A few miles away in nearby Dresden, at 5th and Main streets, Longaberger also made the world's largest basket. Ten maple trees were used for this behemoth. About the size of a house, the basket measures 48 feet long, 11 feet wide, and 23 feet high.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I booked two reservations to stay at the Hawthorn Suites North Dayton for the week of 3/18-25/13. Read more
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
Have any of you been to the Perfect North Slopes in Indiana? Read more
· News & Features
Come to Columbus for the craft-brews and stay for the gorgeous bike rides, eclectic local art scene, fresh ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more