Thurber House Review
James Thurber once reflected, "I have lived in the East for nearly thirty years now, but many of my books prove that I am never very far away from Ohio in my thoughts, and that the clocks that strike in my dreams are often the clocks of Columbus." His restored boyhood home contains memorabilia and creations of the Columbus native, author, humorist, cartoonist, and playwright, and Thurber House sponsors a writer-in-residence program based in the house as well. It's at the edge of Downtown, a block east of the Columbus Museum of Art. Guided tours are available on Sundays for $2.50.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I booked two reservations to stay at the Hawthorn Suites North Dayton for the week of 3/18-25/13. Read more
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
My boyfriend and I have a little over a week where we are both off work/school. Read more
· News & Features
Come to Columbus for the craft-brews and stay for the gorgeous bike rides, eclectic local art scene, fresh ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more