- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Review
The I. M. Pei-designed building has everything from the ridiculous (Jim Morrison's Cub Scout uniform) to the sublime (John Lennon's hand-written lyrics for "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"). Stage costumes that once belonged to Chuck Berry and Iggy Pop, handwritten lyrics by Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin's Porsche, and a re-creation of Memphis's Sun Studios—where Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, and Roy Orbison made their first records—are among the museum's holdings. Interactive kiosks provide video and sound explorations of performers' contributions to the rock genre. The museum continually rotates in temporary exhibits to highlight essential performers and recognize more recent contributions to rock 'n' roll. Past temporary exhibits have showcased U2, the Clash, and the Vans Warped Tour.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129 -- 4-Star Cleveland Hotel by University Circle, 40% Off InterContinental Cleveland
I booked two reservations to stay at the Hawthorn Suites North Dayton for the week of 3/18-25/13. Read more
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
I will be staying at the Hyatt on High Street. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more