Anderson Ferry, built in 1817, is the sole ferry surviving in Cincinnati. On Anderson Ferry Road, the ferry is 6 mi west of downtown. A popular alternative for the rush hour crowd, the ferry is also a good way to get a more intimate view of the river than you would get going over a bridge. Rates are $3 per car, and the hours vary, but are generally during daylight hours.
Anderson Ferry. Ohio Dock: Anderson Ferry Rd., 6 mi west of downtown, Cincinnati, OH. 859/586-5007. Office and Kentucky Dock:, 4030 River Rd.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe