The Old English Tudor–style building, which is on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1926 as part of the planned suburban village of Mariemont. (Everything—even the cash machine—is in the Tudor style.) The inn is on the tree-shaded village square, near shops and boutiques and across the street from the arthouse Mariemont Theatre. Some rooms have hand-carved oak headboards and tapestries. Mariemont is on the eastern edge of the city, a 20-minute
drive along Columbia Parkway (and the Ohio River) from Downtown.