William Howard Taft National Historic Site
William Howard Taft National Historic Site Review
This Greek Revival home was the birthplace and boyhood home of Taft (1857–1930), the 27th U.S. president and a chief justice of the Supreme Court. The National Park Service, which bought the house in 1969 and spent $3 million renovating it, has furnished some rooms as they were during Taft's years there; others hold exhibits about the president's family and career. Taft's adult residence, which is privately owned, is not far away, on MacMillan Street.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I booked two reservations to stay at the Hawthorn Suites North Dayton for the week of 3/18-25/13. Read more
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
My boyfriend and I have a little over a week where we are both off work/school. Read more