Music Hall Review
In a style since dubbed "sauerbraten Gothic," this modified and modernized Gothic structure was built in 1878. A 2-ton brass-and-hand-cut-crystal chandelier crowns the main auditorium. Tours of Music Hall are available.
The Cincinnati Opera, the nation's second oldest, was started in 1920. The yearly summer festival occurs in June and July. 513/241–2742 or 888/533–7149. www.cincinnatiopera.com.
The Cincinnati Pops Orchestra performs from September through May at Music Hall. In June and July, the Pops heads outdoors to perform at the Riverbend Music Center adjacent to Coney Island. 513/381–3300. www.cincinnatipops.org.
Under the direction of maestro Paavo Järvi, the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra performs from September through May. 513/381–3300. www.cincinnatisymphony.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I booked two reservations to stay at the Hawthorn Suites North Dayton for the week of 3/18-25/13. Read more
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
Have any of you been to the Perfect North Slopes in Indiana? Read more