- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tall Stacks Review
Every three years, Cincinnati pays tribute to its steamboat history by inviting a fleet of riverboats—there were 16 at the 2006 celebration—for riverboat races and cruises and scores of top musicians. The 2006 festival featured Wilco, Buddy Guy, Ricky Skaggs, Al Green, Buckwheat Zydeco, and 70 other artists. For the better part of a week, festival goers can tour steamboats, view historical exhibits and characters in period dress, and listen to music. The event began in 1988, during the bicentennial celebration of the city's founding.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129 -- 4-Star Cleveland Hotel by University Circle, 40% Off InterContinental Cleveland
- $109 & up -- Columbus Hotel near OSU Campus w/Breakfast Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus OSU
I booked two reservations to stay at the Hawthorn Suites North Dayton for the week of 3/18-25/13. Read more
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
I will be staying at the Hyatt on High Street. Read more