Tall Stacks Review
Every three years, Cincinnati pays tribute to its steamboat history by inviting a fleet of riverboats—there were 16 at the 2006 celebration—for riverboat races and cruises and scores of top musicians. The 2006 festival featured Wilco, Buddy Guy, Ricky Skaggs, Al Green, Buckwheat Zydeco, and 70 other artists. For the better part of a week, festival goers can tour steamboats, view historical exhibits and characters in period dress, and listen to music. The event began in 1988, during the bicentennial celebration of the city's founding.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Cincinnati: Save this May Fr $186+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Cincinnati this May Fr $120+/Nt Expedia
- Super Savings on Cincinnati 1 Nts Htl + Air Fr $407 Travelocity
- $13.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Cincinnati Hotwire
- Visit Cincinnati for Less: Hotels Fr $85+/Nt — $85 Travelocity
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
The Amtrak rail works after 11 pm until early morning at Cincinnati Union Station within Cincinnati Museum Center. Read more
We are planning to visit Cedar Point on a couple of weekdays during the third week of June. Read more