The six-block area around Fountain Square is turned into a German biergarten for this three-day celebration of the city's German heritage, the largest Oktoberfest outside Munich. Don your lederhosen and compete in the beer barrel roll or dance the chicken dance, often led by a once-popular musical artist from the "where are they now?" file. You can quench your thirst with a stein of beer, and there's plenty of goetta (a German dish made from meat and grain, similar to breakfast sausage), bratwurst, sauerkraut, and strudel to go around.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I booked two reservations to stay at the Hawthorn Suites North Dayton for the week of 3/18-25/13. Read more
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
My boyfriend and I have a little over a week where we are both off work/school. Read more