Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden Review
Famous for its white Bengal tigers, this is one of the country's most respected zoological institutions. In 1999 it was one of three facilities outside of Florida to be allowed to take in Florida manatees; the mammals can be observed at the Manatee Springs exhibit. The zoo is also home to walruses, lowland gorillas, polar bears, and Sumatran rhinos, for which it has the world's only successful captive breeding program. Rhino Emi gave birth to an unprecedented third calf in captivity in 2007. In summer there are animal shows and camel and train rides. The zoo is open evenings from mid-November to early January for its annual Festival of Lights. Be sure to put on your sneakers; there are a lot of hills in Cincinnati, and they all seem to be here. Follow the paw-print signs off I-75 Exit 6 or I-71 Exit 5, the Dana Avenue exit.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $95.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Cincinnati Hotwire
- Cincinnati Savings! Book at Comfort Inn Northeast Fr $101+/Nt Expedia
- Super Savings on Cincinnati 1 Nts Htl + Air Fr $407 Travelocity
- $13.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Cincinnati Hotwire
- $51.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Cincinnati — $51 Hotwire
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
The Amtrak rail works after 11 pm until early morning at Cincinnati Union Station within Cincinnati Museum Center. Read more
We are planning to visit Cedar Point on a couple of weekdays during the third week of June. Read more