- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cincinnati Art Museum
Cincinnati Art Museum Review
Opened in 1881 in Eden Park, the museum explores 5,000 years of art through paintings, sculpture, decorative arts, and special exhibitions from around the world. Frank Duveneck, perhaps Cincinnati's best-known artist, bequeathed his collection to the museum in 1919, which included his masterpiece, "The Whistling Boy." The light-filled Cincinnati Wing traces the history of Cincinnati art, which encompasses ceramics, furniture, metalworks, and sculpture. In Fall 2006, Aaron Betsky joined the CAM as director; he had previously served as director of the Netherlands Architecture Institute and as a curator at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $126.00 & up : 4.5-star hotels in Cincinnati Hotwire
- Visit Cincinnati for Less: Hotels Fr $47+/Nt Travelocity
- Last Minute Vacation Sale! 3 Nts Cincinnati + Air Fr $779 Travelocity
- $13.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Cincinnati Hotwire
- $143.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Cincinnati — $143 Hotwire
I booked two reservations to stay at the Hawthorn Suites North Dayton for the week of 3/18-25/13. Read more
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
We are a family of four, twin 8yr old boys. Read more