Cincinnati Art Museum
Cincinnati Art Museum Review
Opened in 1881 in Eden Park, the museum explores 5,000 years of art through paintings, sculpture, decorative arts, and special exhibitions from around the world. Frank Duveneck, perhaps Cincinnati's best-known artist, bequeathed his collection to the museum in 1919, which included his masterpiece, "The Whistling Boy." The light-filled Cincinnati Wing traces the history of Cincinnati art, which encompasses ceramics, furniture, metalworks, and sculpture. In Fall 2006, Aaron Betsky joined the CAM as director; he had previously served as director of the Netherlands Architecture Institute and as a curator at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $46.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Cincinnati Hotwire
- Visit Cincinnati for Less: Hotels Fr $85+/Nt Travelocity
- Cincinnati on Sale! 4 Nts + Air as Low as $516 Travelocity
- $8.95 & up : Compact rentals in Cincinnati Hotwire
- Small budget: Book BEST WESTERN Clermont 3 Nts in May Fr $108+/Nt — $108 Expedia
We (4 adults) took our quick weekend trip to Cleveland (Saturday to Monday) and had a great time - many thanks to all who contributed!
Our first stop on the journey from Detroit to Cleveland was a stop Read more
The Amtrak rail works after 11 pm until early morning at Cincinnati Union Station within Cincinnati Museum Center. Read more
We are planning to visit Cedar Point on a couple of weekdays during the third week of June. Read more