Theodore Roosevelt National Park Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Theodore Roosevelt National Park
The "Granddaddy Trail": Hike the Maah Daah Hey Trail, which means "grandfather" or "been here long." It's one of the most popular and well-maintained trails in western North Dakota.
Views from above: Get an encompassing 360-degree view of the badlands from Buck Hill.
History lessons from the frontier: View Maltese Cross Ranch Cabin, which once belonged to Theodore Roosevelt.
Badlands Broadway: Come experience a theatrical tribute to the history and personalities that make up the Old West at the Medora Musical.
Great clubbing—golf, that is: Perfect your swing at Bully Pulpit Golf Course in Medora, one of America's best courses near the national park.
Away from it all: As this is one of the most isolated parks, you'll likely encounter more wild horses than people here.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe