Fishing in Theodore Roosevelt National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Catfish, little suckers, northern pikes, and goldeyes are among the underwater inhabitants of the Little Missouri River. If you wish to fish in the park or elsewhere in the state and are over age 16, you must obtain a North Dakota fishing license. For out-of-state residents, a three-day permit is $15, a ten-day permit is $25, and a one-year permit is $45. For in-state residents, a one-year permit is $10. Buffalo Gap Guest Ranch. The Buffalo Gap Guest Ranch, 8 miles west of Medora, sells hunting and fishing licenses. 3100 Buffalo Gap Rd., Medora, ND, 58645. 701/623–4200. www.buffalogapguestranch.com.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Greg Simonson Fishing Services. A champion of several regional and state fishing tournaments, the owner of Greg Simonson Fishing Services leads individuals or groups on expeditions through the park and the outlying grasslands. 13892 U.S. 85 N, Alexander, ND, 58831. 701/828–3425.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe