- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Waynesville is about 30 miles southwest of Asheville. From Asheville, take Interstate 40 West. At Exit 27, take U.S. Highway 74 West to U.S. Highway 23/Highway 74 West. At Exit 102, take U.S. Highway 276 to Waynesville. If coming from Cherokee, about 19 miles west of Waynesville, you can take U.S. Highway 74 East to U.S. Highway 23 to Waynesville; the longer but much more scenic route is via the Blue Ridge Parkway. South Main Street is the main commercial street in Waynesville, lined for several blocks with small shops.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's