- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lake Junaluska Golf Course. This public course at the Methodist conference center is short but surprisingly tricky due to all the trees. With regular green fees of just $15 (not including cart), it's a real bargain. 756 Golf Course Rd., Waynesville, NC, 28786. 828/456-5777. www.lakejunaluska.com/golf-course/. Reservations essential. 18 holes. 5,034 yds. Par 68. Green Fee: $15 weekday/$15 weekend Facilities: Putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro shop, restaurant (seasonal), golf academy/lessons.
Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa. At this resort course near downtown Waynesville, you can play three 9-hole Donald Ross–designed courses in any combination. Avoid the Cork & Cleaver restaurant at the resort, however. 176 Country Club Dr., Waynesville, NC, 28786. 828/452–4617 or 800/627–6250. www.thewaynesvilleinn.com/golf. Reservations essential. 27 holes. Dogwood course 2829 yards; Carolina course 2,969 yards; Blue Ridge course 2,974 yards. Each 9-hole course is par 35. Green Fee (with cart): $79 weekday/$79 weekend (guests at resort: $69 weekday/$69 weekend) Facilities: Putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro shop, golf academy/lessons, restaurant, bar. Mid-Nov.-mid-Mar.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe