Sights & Attractions in The North Carolina Mountains
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Blue Ridge Parkway
Blue Ridge Parkway
The beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway gently winds through mountains...
|Scenic Drives||Blue Ridge Parkway|
At Blue Ridge Parkway Mile Marker 364, at 5,500 to 6,000 feet...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Blue Ridge Parkway|
You can tour an underground mine or dig for gems or gold of your...
|Mines||Blue Ridge Parkway|
Folk Art Center
Authentic mountain crafts made by members of the Southern Highland...
|Stores / Malls||Blue Ridge Parkway|
Soaring to almost 6,000 feet, Grandfather Mountain is just off...
|Geological Sites, Mountains||Blue Ridge Parkway|
Julian Price Park
Green spaces along the parkway near Grandfather Mountain include...
|Parks||Blue Ridge Parkway|
The only caverns in the Carolinas, they go 2,000 feet beneath...
|Cave||Blue Ridge Parkway|
A ½-mi hike from the visitor center leads to one of North Carolina's...
|Bodies of Water||Blue Ridge Parkway|
Moses H. Cone Park
There is a turn-of-the-20th-century manor house here that's now...
|Houses / Mansions, Parks, Stores / Malls||Blue Ridge Parkway|
Mt. Mitchell State Park
This park includes the highest mountain peak east of the Rockies...
|Parks, Geological Sites||Blue Ridge Parkway|
At 5,721 feet, this is one of the most easily recognized peaks...
|Viewpoints||Blue Ridge Parkway|
Museum of North Carolina Minerals
At mile marker 331, the museum has hands-on displays about gold...
|Museums / Galleries||Blue Ridge Parkway|
Browse All The North Carolina Mountains Sights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe