Sights & Attractions in The North Carolina Mountains
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in The North Carolina Mountains
Built in the 1890s as the private home of George Vanderbilt, the...
|Houses / Mansions||Asheville|
Black Mountain College
Originally housed in rented quarters at nearby Blue Ridge Assembly...
|Educational Institutions||Black Mountain|
Blue Ridge Parkway
The beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway gently winds through mountains...
|Scenic Drives||Blue Ridge Parkway|
Cradle of Forestry in America
The home of the first forestry school in the United States is...
|Historic Districts / Sites, Forests||Brevard|
Grove Park Inn
This large resort overlooking Asheville is well worth a visit...
|Museums / Galleries, Resorts||Asheville|
Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest
One of the few remaining sections of the original Appalachian...
North Carolina Arboretum
Part of the original Biltmore Estate, these 434 acres completed...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Asheville|
Thomas Wolfe Memorial
Asheville's most famous son, novelist Thomas Wolfe (1900–38)...
|Memorials / Monuments||Asheville|
Browse All The North Carolina Mountains Sights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe