- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- unpretentious lodge near parkway, good value, hospitable staff
- some rooms need upgrading and updating (though some suites were redone in 2012)
Switzerland Inn Review
Families cozy up in the lobby of this old mountain inn just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, which dates to 1910, to play Monopoly or just doze over a book. The staff is cheerful, and you have a choice of comfy lodge rooms (without a/c) or bigger, brighter rooms in newer buildings. A "motorcycle lodge" is an eight-room cabin with parking for your bike. The Swiss theme is carried through to the Chalet restaurant ($-$$) and there are ice cream and sweets shops on the grounds.
- Address: 86 High Ridge Rd. at U.S. Hwy. 226A, Off Blue Ridge Pkwy. at MM 334Little Switzerland, NC 28749
- Phone: 828/765-2153; 800/654-4026
- Website: www.switzerlandinn.com
- Location: Blue Ridge Parkway
- 59 rooms, 5 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.--mid-Apr.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $111 -- Charlotte City Center Hotel over Weekends, Save 60% Charlotte Marriott City Center
- $135 & up -- Charlotte, N.C.: Posh Uptown Hotel, $200 Off The Westin Charlotte
- $91 & up -- Myrtle Beach Resort w/6 pools & 2 Lazy Rivers — $91 Sea Watch Resort
I recently discovered that I didn't have to go to the zoo in Asheboro (or fly to Africa or Asia) if I wanted to see tigers. Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more