At a Glance
- unpretentious lodge near parkway, good value, hospitable staff
- some rooms need upgrading and updating (though some suites were redone in 2012)
Check Rates from our Partners
Switzerland Inn Review
Families cozy up in the lobby of this old mountain inn just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, which dates to 1910, to play Monopoly or just doze over a book. The staff is cheerful, and you have a choice of comfy lodge rooms (without a/c) or bigger, brighter rooms in newer buildings. A "motorcycle lodge" is an eight-room cabin with parking for your bike. The Swiss theme is carried through to the Chalet restaurant ($–$$) and there are ice cream and sweets shops on the grounds.
- Address: 86 High Ridge Rd. at U.S. Hwy. 226A, Off Blue Ridge Pkwy. at MM 334, Little Switzerland, NC, 28749
- Phone: 828/765–2153; 800/654–4026
- Website: www.switzerlandinn.com
- Location: Blue Ridge Parkway
- 59 rooms, 5 cottages
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–mid-Apr.