- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain Magnolia Inn and Retreat
At a Glance
- historic inn
- lovely grounds
- excellent food
- separate units not as appealing as rooms in the main house
- restaurant sometimes closed for private events
Check Rates from our Partners
Mountain Magnolia Inn and Retreat Review
This restored 1868 inn is about all that remains of the grandeur that was once Hot Springs. On a shady and hidden back road beside the French Broad River, the inn sits among well-tended perennial gardens. Ask for the Walnut Room, with a king bed, fireplace, and balcony overlooking the gardens and the river, or the Buckeye Room with king bed, whirlpool, and balcony. Miss Peggy's Suite is spacious. The dining room, open Friday to Monday for dinner, offers dishes like rack of lamb and local trout ($$$-$$$$).
- Address: 204 Lawson St., Hot Springs, NC 28743 | Map It
- Phone: 828/622–3543; 800/914–9306
- Website: www.mountainmagnoliainn.com
- Location: The North Carolina Mountains
- 6 rooms, 3 suites, 3 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant closed Tues.-Thurs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
If you plan to visit Asheville on a weekend this spring, better book your hotel or B&B room ahead. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more