- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain Magnolia Inn and Retreat
At a Glance
- historic inn
- lovely grounds
- excellent food
- separate units not as appealing as rooms in the main house
- restaurant sometimes closed for private events
Mountain Magnolia Inn and Retreat Review
This restored 1868 inn is about all that remains of the grandeur that was once Hot Springs. On a shady and hidden back road beside the French Broad River, the inn sits among well-tended perennial gardens. Ask for the Walnut Room, with a king bed, fireplace, and balcony overlooking the gardens and the river, or the Buckeye Room with king bed, whirlpool, and balcony. Miss Peggy's Suite is spacious. The dining room, open Friday to Monday for dinner, offers dishes like rack of lamb and local trout ($$$-$$$$).
- Address: 204 Lawson St., Hot Springs, NC 28743 | Map It
- Phone: 828/622–3543; 800/914–9306
- Website: www.mountainmagnoliainn.com
- Location: The North Carolina Mountains
- 6 rooms, 3 suites, 3 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant closed Tues.-Thurs.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
This is a beautiful peak near Charlotte, at 5,946 feet (1,812 m), it is the highest peak on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. Read more
I found some useful info here on fodors when I was researching our recent trip two weeks south. Read more
My wife and I are going to Charlotte for a few days. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more