Mountain Magnolia Inn and Retreat
At a Glance
- historic inn
- lovely grounds
- excellent food
- separate units not as appealing as rooms in the main house
- restaurant sometimes closed for private events
Mountain Magnolia Inn and Retreat Review
This restored 1868 inn is about all that remains of the grandeur that was once Hot Springs. On a shady and hidden back road beside the French Broad River, the inn sits among well-tended perennial gardens. Ask for the Walnut Room, with a king bed, fireplace, and balcony overlooking the gardens and the river, or the Buckeye Room with king bed, whirlpool, and balcony. Miss Peggy's Suite is spacious. The dining room, open Friday to Monday for dinner, offers dishes like rack of lamb and local trout ($$$-$$$$).
- Address: 204 Lawson St., Hot Springs, NC, 28743 | Map It
- Phone: 828/622–3543; 800/914–9306
- Website: www.mountainmagnoliainn.com
- Location: The North Carolina Mountains
- 6 rooms, 3 suites, 3 cottages
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant closed Tues.-Thurs.
View deals in The North Carolina Mountains for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More