- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain Magnolia Inn and Retreat
At a Glance
- historic inn
- lovely grounds
- excellent food
- separate units not as appealing as rooms in the main house
- restaurant sometimes closed for private events
Check Rates from our Partners
Mountain Magnolia Inn and Retreat Review
This restored 1868 inn is about all that remains of the grandeur that was once Hot Springs. On a shady and hidden back road beside the French Broad River, the inn sits among well-tended perennial gardens. Ask for the Walnut Room, with a king bed, fireplace, and balcony overlooking the gardens and the river, or the Buckeye Room with king bed, whirlpool, and balcony. Miss Peggy's Suite is spacious. The dining room, open Friday to Monday for dinner, offers dishes like rack of lamb and local trout ($$$-$$$$).
- Address: 204 Lawson St., Hot Springs, NC 28743 | Map It
- Phone: 828/622–3543; 800/914–9306
- Website: www.mountainmagnoliainn.com
- Location: The North Carolina Mountains
- 6 rooms, 3 suites, 3 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant closed Tues.-Thurs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
This is a beautiful peak near Charlotte, at 5,946 feet (1,812 m), it is the highest peak on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. Read more
My husband and I are going via pop-up to the smokies and back to Maryland. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more