- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
While oohing over the Linville Gorge scenery, or eyeing the funky artwork on the walls inside, you can munch on freshly made tortilla chips, chimichangas, veggie burritos, or a classic drive-in burger slathered with chili and slaw. At dinner, Canyons also serves steaks, local trout, pork chops and other American fare. On most days the restaurant is one of the busiest in Blowing Rock. Reservations available only for parties of five or more. There's live entertainment some nights and a Sunday brunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
Ideas for a cute town, good food for a stop halfway from Charleston to Richmond. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more