This is the oldest surviving brick house in Asheville, dating from 1840. The grounds, now a part of the Asheville-Buncombe Technical Institute campus, were designed by Frederick Law Olmsted in 1900. The interior has much of the four-story house's original Greek Revival woodwork, and restored rooms date from 1840 to 1900. Exhibits in the gallery focus on Asheville's early history. From mid-November to early January the house has Victorian Christmas displays.