- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Snowbird Mountain Lodge
At a Glance
- gorgeous mountainside setting
- excellent food
- huge wine list
- no swimming pool
Snowbird Mountain Lodge Review
The main lodge building of Snowbird Mountain Lodge, constructed in 1941 and now in the National Register of Historic Places, is everything you expect in a mountain inn, with two massive stone fireplaces, solid chestnut beams across the ceiling, and beautiful views across the valley. All of the 15 rooms in the main lodge are paneled in different woods cut on site. The restaurant serves "rustic" meals like fresh trout with red potatoes, and the wine list is the size of a small telephone directory. For more luxury than the main lodge rooms offer, choose a room in the Chestnut Lodge or a king suite in a separate cottage. Some rooms have whirlpool baths and fireplaces. If you run out of things to do, there are 10,000 books in the library and 100 acres of grounds to explore. Rates during the summer high season start at $265 double, including breakfast, a picnic lunch, and a four-course dinner. No children under 12.
- Address: 4633 Santeetlah Rd., Robbinsville, NC 28771 | Map It
- Phone: 828/479–3433; 800/941–9290
- Website: www.snowbirdlodge.com
- Location: Robbinsville
- 15 rooms in main lodge, 6 rooms in separate building, 2 suites in cottage.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
This is a beautiful peak near Charlotte, at 5,946 feet (1,812 m), it is the highest peak on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. Read more
I found some useful info here on fodors when I was researching our recent trip two weeks south. Read more
I am taking a road trip. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more