- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Snowbird Mountain Lodge
At a Glance
- gorgeous mountainside setting
- excellent food
- huge wine list
- no swimming pool
Check Rates from our Partners
Snowbird Mountain Lodge Review
The main lodge building of Snowbird Mountain Lodge, constructed in 1941 and now in the National Register of Historic Places, is everything you expect in a mountain inn, with two massive stone fireplaces, solid chestnut beams across the ceiling, and beautiful views across the valley. All of the 15 rooms in the main lodge are paneled in different woods cut on site. The restaurant serves "rustic" meals like fresh trout with red potatoes, and the wine list is the size of a small telephone directory. For more luxury than the main lodge rooms offer, choose a room in the Chestnut Lodge or a king suite in a separate cottage. Some rooms have whirlpool baths and fireplaces. If you run out of things to do, there are 10,000 books in the library and 100 acres of grounds to explore. Rates during the summer high season start at $265 double, including breakfast, a picnic lunch, and a four-course dinner. No children under 12.
- Address: 4633 Santeetlah Rd., Robbinsville, NC 28771 | Map It
- Phone: 828/479–3433; 800/941–9290
- Website: www.snowbirdlodge.com
- Location: Robbinsville
- 15 rooms in main lodge, 6 rooms in separate building, 2 suites in cottage.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
This is a beautiful peak near Charlotte, at 5,946 feet (1,812 m), it is the highest peak on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. Read more
My husband and I are going via pop-up to the smokies and back to Maryland. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more