- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- variety of accommodations from condos to motel-like rooms to upscale lodge rooms
- no golf on premises
- some units need upgrading
Check Rates from our Partners
Chetola Resort Review
This inn and condo resort, named for the Cherokee word meaning "haven of rest," grew out of an early-20th-century stone-and-wood lodge. The original building now houses the resort's restaurant and meeting rooms and is adjacent to the 1988 lodge. Many guest rooms in the lodge have private balconies facing either the mountains, a small lake, or both. The Bob Timberlake Inn is a more upscale lodge within a lodge. Condominiums are spread among the hills, and the 87-acre property adjoins Moses H. Cone Park, with hiking trails and riding facilities.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
Ideas for a cute town, good food for a stop halfway from Charleston to Richmond. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more