The North Carolina Mountains Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The North Carolina Mountains Hotel Reviews
Around the mountains, at least in the larger cities and towns such as Asheville, Hendersonville, and Boone, you can find the usual chain motels and hotels. For more of a local flavor, look at the many mountain lodges and country inns, some with just a few rooms with simple comforts, others with upmarket amenities like tennis courts, golf courses, and spas. Bed-and-breakfasts bloom in the mountains like wildflowers, and there are literally scores of B&Bs in the region; Asheville alone has more than three dozen. The mountains also have a few large resorts, of which the Grove Park Inn in Asheville is the prime example. Visiting in the off-season can save you a third or more on hotel rates. Rates are highest during summer weekends and the October leaf-changing season.
Browse The North Carolina Mountains Hotels
Browse The North Carolina Mountains Hotels By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's