- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
River Tubing and Kayaking
Tuckaseegee Outfitters. On the Tuckaseegee River, much gentler than the Nantahala River, Tuckaseegee Outfitters offers guided and nonguided trips by raft and inflatable kayak. Guided rafting trips are $37; guide-assisted (no guide in boat) trips are $32; self-guided rafting trips are $17. Lower rates for children. Single and double kayak rentals and trips are also available. Kids (must be at least 4 years old or 40 pounds) will enjoy these low-key river trips. U.S. 74/441, at Barker's Creek, Dillsboro, NC, 28789. 888/593–5050. www.tuckfloat.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's