- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The Blue Ridge Parkway's southern terminus is at Cherokee, and the parkway is by far the most beautiful route to Cherokee and to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. A faster option is U.S. 23 and U.S. 74/U.S. 441, connecting Cherokee with Interstate 40 from Asheville or from Franklin in the south. The least pleasant route is U.S. 19 from Interstate 40, a mostly two-lane road pocked with touristy roadside shops.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's