- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cherokee Indian Reservation. There are 30 mi of regularly stocked trout streams on the Cherokee Indian Reservation. To fish in tribal waters you need a tribal fishing permit, available at many reservation businesses or online. (Kids under 12 don't need a permit.) The $10 permit is valid for one day. Also, permits for longer periods are available: $17 for a two-day, $27 for a three-day, and $47 for a five-day. Creel limit is 10 per day per permit holder. A season's permit is available for $250. Fishing is permitted year-round. A North Carolina fishing license and trout stamp are not required for reservation fishing. Fisheries & Wildlife Management, 1840 Painttown Rd, Cherokee, NC, 28719. 828/497-1826. www.fishcherokee.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's