- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boone Golf Club. This Ellis Maples–designed course is open to the whole family. 433 Fairway Dr., off U.S. Hwy. 321, Boone, NC, 28607. 828/264–8760 or 866/264-8760. www.boonegolfclub.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. 6686 yds. Par 71. Green Fee: $32–$37 weekday/$41–$43 weekend, all plus $16 cart fees. Facilities: Putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro shop, golf academy/lessons, restaurant. Closed early Sep.-Apr.
Sugar Mountain Golf Course. Designed by Francis Duane, this short "people's course" sits at a 4,000-foot elevation. It's open May to October. 1054 Sugar Mountain Dr., Sugar Mountain, NC, 28604. 828/898-6464. www.seesugar.com. 18 holes. 4560 yds. Par 64. Green Fee: $26 weekday/$26 weekend; $14 cart fee. Facilities: Putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro shop, restaurant. Closed Nov.-Mar.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe