- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canoeing and Rafting
Near Boone and Blowing Rock, the New River, a federally designated Wild and Scenic River (Class I and II rapids) provides excitement for canoeists and rafters, as do the Watauga and Toe rivers and Wilson Creek.
Wahoo's Adventures. This outfitter offers rafting, kayaking, canoeing, and tubing on several rivers in Western North Carolina (including the Nolichucky, Watauga, and New rivers), and Class V "extreme rafting" trips on Wilson Creek. 3385 S. US Hwy. 321, Boone, NC, 28607. 828/262-5774 or 800/444-7238. www.wahoosadventures.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Canoeing and Rafting
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe