- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canoeing and Rafting
Near Boone and Blowing Rock, the New River, a federally designated Wild and Scenic River (Class I and II rapids) provides excitement for canoeists and rafters, as do the Watauga River, Wilson Creek, and the Toe River.
Wahoo's Adventures. This outfitter offers rafting, kayaking, canoeing, and tubing on several rivers in Western North Carolina (including the Nolichucky, Watauga, and New rivers), and Class V "extreme rafting" trips on Wilson Creek. 3385 S. US Hwy. 321, Boone, NC, 28607. 828/262-5774 or 800/444-7238. www.wahoosadventures.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Canoeing and Rafting
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $169 -- Luxe North Carolina Hotel near Biltmore, $50 Off Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville