- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Black Mountain Golf Course. This well-maintained public course was originally designed in 1929 by Donald Ross as a 9-hole course; it was turned into an 18-hole course in 1962. It rambles around a residential area and has one of the longest par-6 holes in the country, the 747-yard 17th hole. 18 Ross Dr., Black Mountain, NC, 28711. 828/669–2710. www.blackmountaingolf.org. Reservations essential. 18 holes. 6215 yds. Par 71. Green Fee: $34 weekday/$39 weekend (riding); $22 weekday/$27 weekend (walking). Non-resident membership with unlimited play $700 a year. Facilities: Putting green, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro shop, golf academy/lessons, restaurant, bar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's