- Biltmore Estate The 250-room Biltmore House, modeled after the great Renaissance châteaux of the Loire Valley in France, is the largest private home in America. It is the most-visited attraction in North Carolina.
- Blue Ridge Parkway This winding two-lane road, which ends at the edge of the Great Smokies and shows off the highest mountains in eastern America, is the most scenic drive in the South.
- Asheville Hip, artsy, sometimes funky, with scores of restaurants and active nightlife, Asheville is one of America's coolest places to live, and to visit.
- Engaging small towns You could easily fall in love with the charm, style, and Southern hospitality of Black Mountain, Blowing Rock, Brevard, and Hendersonville, to name a few.
- Mountain arts and crafts The mountains are a center of handmade art and crafts, with more than 4,000 working craftspeople.
THE GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Eager to explore the U.S.? Our trip finder will help you find the perfect destination.More