- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wrightsville Beach is a small (5-mile-long), upscale, and quiet island community. Many beach houses have been in the same families for generations, but lots of striking contemporary homes are here, too.
The beaches are havens for serious sunning, swimming, surfing, and surf fishing, and the beach patrol is vigilant about keeping ATVs, glass containers, alcohol, pets, and bonfires off the sands. In summer, when the population skyrockets, parking can be a problem if you don't arrive early; towing is enforced.
Wrightsville Beach at a Glance
Elsewhere in The North Carolina Coast
- Bodie Island
- Cape Lookout National Seashore
- Hatteras Island
- Kure Beach and Carolina Beach
- Morehead City
- Nags Head
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's