- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wrightsville Beach is a small (5-mi-long), upscale, and quiet island community. Many beach houses have been in the same families for generations. Increasingly, however, they're being razed in favor of striking contemporary homes.
The beaches are havens for serious sunning, swimming, surfing, and surf fishing, and the beach patrol is vigilant about keeping ATVs, glass containers, alcohol, pets, and bonfires off the sands. In summer, when the population skyrockets, parking can be a problem if you don't arrive early; towing is enforced.
Wrightsville Beach at a Glance
Elsewhere in The North Carolina Coast
- Bodie Island
- Cape Lookout National Seashore
- Hatteras Island
- Kure Beach and Carolina Beach
- Morehead City
- Nags Head
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $91 & up -- Myrtle Beach Resort w/6 pools & 2 Lazy Rivers Sea Watch Resort