- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Beau Rivage Resort Golf Club. There are approximately 40 public-access golf courses in the Greater Wilmington area, including the Beau Rivage Resort Golf Club, which is a par-72 course in a natural links setting. 649 Rivage Promenade, South Metro, Wilmington, NC, 28412. 910/392–9021 or 800/628–7080. www.beaurivagegolf.com. 18 holes. 6,709 yds. Par 72. Green Fee: $39/$49 Facilities: Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro-shop, lessons, restaurant, bar.
Aquatic Safaris. Wrecks such as the World War II oil tanker John D. Gill, sunk by Germans in 1942 on her second-ever voyage, make for exciting scuba diving off the Cape Fear Coast. Aquatic Safaris leads trips to see the wrecks and rents scuba equipment. 6800-1A Wrightsville Ave., Wilmington, NC, 28403. 910/392–4386. www.aquaticsafaris.com.
Cape Fear Riverboats, Inc.. From April through December, Cape Fear Riverboats, Inc. runs several types of cruises, including dinner and murder mystery journeys, aboard a three-deck, 156-foot riverboat, the Henrietta III, which departs from docks at Water and Dock streets. 101 S. Water St., Downtown, Wilmington, NC, 28401. 910/343–1611 or 800/676–0162. www.cfrboats.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's