- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From U.S. 17, Routes 211 and 133 both land in Southport. A state car ferry arrives every 45 minutes from Kure Beach to the north. Once downtown, you can park your car and walk or bike all over the waterfront area. Commercial airports are located at nearby Wilmington and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's